Chocolate Factory Publishing is proud to announce our first media award, the prestigious Kirkus Reviews starred review, awarded to only the top 10% of the books they review.
"... from whimsical to hilariously edgy... tailor-made to spark stimulating interchanges between younger children and unwary grown-ups. —Kirkus Review
“It has a fun and irreverent tone throughout... Our boys absolutely love it… The app makes a great shared experience, as it poses lots of questions and stimulates some great conversations. Definitely one to be enjoyed together.”
“The book is certainly witty, and provocative… The interesting questions asked throughout the book would also prompt many interesting discussions between you and your juniors… I really like the author's great sense of humor."
A Hole is Nothing with
Something Around It...
The Book of Holes is a whimsical and provocative children’s story that encourages parents and children to talk to one another. It is an utterly original app that captures the visual artistry of the original award-winning picture book while fully embracing the interactive capabilities of the iPad.
• The Book of Holes introduces children to a simple, everyday concept—hello holes!—in a way that encourages children’s natural sense of wonder and their ability to think creatively. The text and illustrations cover a diverse range of topics, exploring everything from the wonders of the universe to the most mundane of bodily functions.
• Over 100 interactive elements that foster visual identification and build observation and motor skills, including skill-based games such as rearranging pictures, playing music, and unscrambling objects
• Educational material that teaches children about a wide range of subjects, including the origins of the solar system, the structure of the eye, and concepts of good and bad
• Beautiful collage-style illustrations by award-winning artist Poul Lange
• Original sound effects by Zero Boy, renowned human beat box and voice acrobat
• Stunning graphics and animations optimized for the iPad (for retina and standard definition display)
• Option for children to read the story to themselves or listen to narration
• Narration can be repeated for individual pages at any time
• Index feature for easy navigation
• Clues page to ensure all features are fully explored
• Compatible with all iPads
• Requires 290 MB
• The Book of Holes is available from the App Store for $4.99